New York City, NY
Age Range: Group Trips Ages 11+
Starting Price: $395
Trip Types: Group TripsRequest More Info
The Big Apple, the city that never sleeps, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!
New York City is the most famous city in the world and is always at the forefront of culture, business, technology, and the arts. With a huge population of newcomers each year, they say New Yorkers aren't born, they're made.
This city is alluring and invigorating, though the fast-paced, cut throat culture can run you down. Amongst the world's riches, this city is home to a large population of people experiencing homelessness and has a 15 percent poverty rate. New York is special, there is no place like it on earth, so it needs the hope and peace of Christ more than ever. Will you come share the love of God with the people of New York?
Our New York City, NY Mission Trips
|Trip Dates||Location||Cost per Person||Register|
|06/10-06/16||New York, NY (Group)||$395||Request More Info|
|06/17-06/24||New York, NY (Group)||$395||Request More Info|
|06/24-06/30||New York, NY (Group)||$395||Request More Info|
|07/01-07/07||New York, NY (Group)||$395||Request More Info|
|07/15-07/21||New York, NY (Group)||$395||Request More Info|
|07/22-07/28||New York, NY (Group)||$395||Request More Info|
|* 5 day trips run Mon-Fri of the trip dates listed|
Details & Logistics
Your team will be partnering with a mission to reach the lost in our ever changing neighborhood and to facilitate reaching the lost throughout the NYC area, as well, as the world. You will do this by presently reaching out to our community through joining in the worship and prayer services, as well as outreach activities. Some of the ministry activities your team may have the opportunity of participating in are:
- Food Distribution: Hand out food and pray for those in need. There is a large homeless population in NYC and many of them are friends of the ministry. Outreach to this group can open doors to bring hope to the city.
- City Cleanup: Join the church in serving the local community, picking up trash, serving the individuals nearby and blessing the neighborhood around you.
- Community Outreach: Minister to about 30 kids on Saturdays through an indoor sports program. There are also high school teens who attend Friday night youth events. This makes a great opportunity for building relationships and loving on the kids in the community
- Children's Ministry: There are 50 children in an after school program where you may have the opportunity to serve. Being able to bring a lesson, skit, and worship music will allow these kids to have the opportunity to experience the love of Jesus.
- Prayer and Street Outreach: Prayer is an important aspect of all Adventures in Missions' trips. We've seen prayer open doors for our partners that otherwise would have remained closed. Your team will have the opportunity to saturate the local parks and neighborhoods in prayer, which will help open your spiritual eyes as you listen to hear about God's heart for the community. This also gives the team opportunities to share their faith out on the streets.
Many teams from the USA, Canada, South America and parts of Europe have served alongside this ministry. From this launching pad the ministry has been able to give the volunteers a vision for urban missions.
Participants will be housed at a local church where they will have access to bathrooms, showers, and a full kitchen. Bunk beds will be provided, but bedding is not. It is a three story building. The meeting space and kitchen is located on the first floor and the bunks and bathrooms are on the second and third floors.
There is no hotel option for NY.
There is a full kitchen with anything you might need. Meals are very much a team effort, and we have a lot of fun in the process! Teams will participate in meal prep and serving. Breakfast will be cold cereal, fruit, bagels, etc. Hot breakfasts could be available as well, depending on the group's willingness to contribute to the meal prep and cooking. Lunch will be packed sandwiches, fruit and a side to take to the ministry site. Hot dinners will typically be served after ministry at the church each day.
Most teams will fly into JFK airport. They will then jump on the metro to the stop in Brooklyn. Some will choose to drive and drop their car off in a specific location and then take the metro into Brooklyn. As much as possible, we will use public transportation. This will mostly be the metro system.
The safety of our participants is a top priority for us. We have both an internal Risk Management team and external Risk Management consultants. We use a multi-pronged approach to risk management - including monitoring information from reporting agencies and relying on the knowledge of our ministry partners. In addition to our own protocols (e.g., students must be with an adult at all times), our ministry hosts and partners will provide trip specific safety guidelines for the particular trip location. Our Project Leaders are trained in risk management and have access to both on-field and home-office support.
$500 Deposit: This deposit is required to reserve your trip. At this point, you will lock in your trip and we will keep in touch with you going forward about preparation. This deposit is applied to the total cost of your trip.
50% Payment: Half of your total trip cost will need to be paid 2 months before your trip.
100% Payment: The remaining balance is due 1 month before your trip.
Stories from the Field
COVID Payment Protection
In order to best serve you and empower you to serve others, we're offering no-hassle refunds for all our groups for the next year. We'll work directly with you to make sure you are well taken care of. Details on this policy here.
We're here to guide you!
Don't stress about all the options! We can help you build your perfect trip, fill out an interest form to ask questions and learn about our upcoming trips. Fill out an Interest Form