Age Range: Group Trips Ages 11+
Starting Price: $315
Trip Types: Group TripsRequest More Info
Through your work and our fantastic partners in Rural Mississippi, Christ's love is saturating the surrounding communities. At this location we partner together with a local ministry that has been established for decades. The trusted relationships that have been developed will allow you to engage quickly and deeply with others.
A stark contrast from city or suburban life, this rural community sticks to the simplicity of life. The long history of racism is still palpable between the Native Americans, the black and the white communities. Poverty is also a very obvious issue as many families live in rundown homes and have little access to resources.
What an incredible backdrop for ministry! Our partners' diligence, love and continued presence in the community expresses itself through discipleship of the youth, home restoration projects and more. Your group will have plenty of opportunities to share the love of Christ in a meaningful and tangible way. Join us in Rural Mississippi!
COVID Payment Protection
In order to best serve you and empower you to serve others, we're offering no-hassle refunds for all our groups for the next year. We'll work directly with you to make sure you are well taken care of. Details on this policy here.
Details & Logistics
Our partners' diligence, love and continued presence in the community expresses itself through discipleship of the youth, home restoration projects and more. Your group will have plenty of opportunities to share the love of Christ in a meaningful and tangible way.
- Home Repair Projects - Many in the community live in poverty and are in desperate need of some mild or significant improvements!
- Feeding and Tutoring Program - Now operating in 22 different locations, providing meals through the summer months and after school tutoring services to over 1200 children daily under the age of 18 and disabled individuals
- Elderly Care - Many of the elders in the community are unable to access food or other everyday basics. Not to mention the opportunity to visit with someone who cares about them!
- Disaster Relief - Recent hurricanes have hit hard on some people in the community.
- Vacation Bible School - Many of the local kids are out of school in the summer and left to come up with their own idea of how to spend their time while the parents are at work. Your team will have the opportunity to teach Biblical principles while reinforcing their relationship with our local ministry partners.
- Choctaw Reservation - The Choctaw Native American Reservation is nearby and offers plenty of ministry opportunities as well. This could involve various community service projects, sports evangelism with the kids or a number of other things with the Choctaw church.
Your team will stay in the historic Mashulaville dormitory. This facility is perfectly suited for teams! The Dorm upstairs has 9 rooms that will sleep 25, on 12 single and eight double beds, plus two bathrooms with showers. All are cooled by fans. Your team should bring pillows and towels--sheets and blankets are on the beds. There is an additional bathroom and shower downstairs on the main floor.
The adjacent equipment shed has two bunk bed rooms, with A/C, that will sleep 15. Good way to segregate boys and girls. The shed has two full bathrooms with showers. The ground floor of the dorm has a kitchen and meeting space as well. The lodging site also has nice, large green space for team building and other outdoor activities!
A hotel is 30-40 minutes away from the Mashulaville dorm lodging site and is an option as well. We'd be glad to arrange that for you if that's your preference.
The dorm includes a large, fully-equipped kitchen. Meals are very much a team effort, and we have a lot of fun in the process! Teams will participate in meal prep and serving. Breakfast will be cold cereal, fruit, bagels, etc. Hot breakfasts could be available as well, depending on the group's willingness to contribute to the meal prep and cooking. Lunch will usually be packed sandwiches, fruit and a side to take to the ministry site. Hot dinners will typically be prepared by a local cook and served after ministry at the Dorm each evening.
There are air options. Fly into Jackson, rent a vehicle and drive 1 u0188 hrs to the Dorm. Or fly into Birmingham, AL, drive 2 u0188 hrs. Birmingham offers a wider selection of flights, a better array of rental vehicles, and much of the trip is 4-lane. Parking is available on site. Bring several vehicles. Groups often split to do ministry in different locations at the same time. Groups will be required to supply their own transportation, not only to the Dorm, but to and from ministry each day.
The safety of our participants is a top priority for us. We have both an internal Risk Management team and external Risk Management consultants. We use a multi-pronged approach to risk management - including monitoring information from reporting agencies and relying on the knowledge of our ministry partners. In addition to our own protocols (e.g., students must be with an adult at all times), our ministry hosts and partners will provide trip specific safety guidelines for the particular trip location. Our Project Leaders are trained in risk management and have access to both on-field and home-office support.
$500 Deposit: This deposit is required to reserve your trip. At this point, you will lock in your trip and we will keep in touch with you going forward about preparation. This deposit is applied to the total cost of your trip.
50% Payment: Half of your total trip cost will need to be paid 2 months before your trip.
100% Payment: The remaining balance is due 1 month before your trip.